Dusting Off The Old Blog
A quick search of the title of this post sees me in good company. I’m not going to dwell on the fact this blog has been dormant for almost 4 years, but instead fill in this gap with a quick timeline of highlights (and a couple of lowlights):
- I completed and exhibited the design artefacts that resulted from my PhD case studies with autistic children.
- We ran the first Autism MeetUp event.
- My PhD thesis was submitted for examination.
- I got a full-time job at UNSW Art & Design.
- The thesis came back from examination with damning feedback.
- Our second child arrived.
- I’m on the cusp of resubmitting my thesis, at which point everyone will let out a collective sigh of relief.
It was tempting to take these large events in my life as an opportunity to start a new blog afresh. However, I’m regularly amazed (and slightly embarrassed) by my previous practice and how much things have changed; I think it’s worth keeping these things around to remind myself how far I’ve come. I’m going to continue that approach to the blog and keep posting content that I can be embarrassed about in another 4 years.